Monday, July 14, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GRANDPA!!







Oh boy, we get to celebrate Grandpa's birthday tonight. Grandma is making lasagna, one of his favorites, with yummy garlic bread and salad. It's good that Grandpa doesn't mind me getting a little messy before I give him hugs and kisses, cuz I'll definitely be saucy tonight!!

Aunt Jenny and Uncle Jerry have a real surprise for him....Devil Dogs all the way from the East Coast. Grandpa is always talking about growing up in Maine drinking Moxie and eating Devil Dogs, so they thought it would be the perfect "birthday cake" for him. Won't he be surprised!

I decided to celebrate a little early and had Mom and Grandma take me to the dentist...figured they needed an outing and I needed some extra attention. They're worried about me grinding my teeth together to the point that I occasionally make my mouth bleed, so worry wart Grandma made a dentist appointment this morning. Wouldn't you know, the dentist likes me so much, he managed to open a spot for me this afternoon! Anyway, he put on his funny glasses, put a mirror in my mouth (I tried to chew on it, but he's really fast!), and said my teeth look good. I decided to let them know I was ready to leave and tried to wiggle out of Mom's lap. Don't these women know I don't like holding my mouth open! Good thing the dentist didn't have flavored gloves or I might have had a "tasty treat"! Guess Grandma will be watching now to make sure my teeth are ok. I know she does it cuz she loves me so much, so I occasionally mouth items just to make sure she has something to watch. :-)

Megan and Lil, I'm sending you special Emma thoughts. I want to hear of great improvements...we girls have got to stick together.

Hugs to all!

Emma & Grandpa

No comments: