Friday, September 3, 2010

JOY!

I moved Grandma to tears today. I walked independently during therapy, something I've done in the past, but quite some time ago. Mind you, this was not just a few steps but rather a long stroll around the therapy room, down a hallway, outside and around the playground and back to the therapy room. I figure why do things in a small way when you can get such great reactions for going big!

Big shouts out to Julie, Vicki, George & Myra, my former and current CCS OTs and PTs - they make great things possible. Grandma is so grateful for all their efforts!

My philosophy is shoot for the sun, the moon and the stars, they are all within your reach in one form or another! My family has always known wonderful things are within my grasp and I'm here to prove them right. My path may be a little different than the route most kids take and it may take me a little longer to reach my goals but with love and a little bit of help, I'm going to be successful!

Here's a video Grandma took using her phone...this is the last part of my walk. Enjoy!

Big hugs & kisses to all,
Emma

No comments: